We Win Cases
For most Californians, driving is second nature and many of us go years without having a car accident. Then one day, out of the blue, we are involved in a crash. The other vehicle seems to come out of nowhere and there is nothing we can do to prevent the crash and the injuries that accompany it. No matter how the car accident occurs, the personal injuries suffered as a result of a crash can have devastating consequences on your life. The first thing you must do is tend to your injuries and those of any passengers. Then, you should call the experienced personal injury attorneys at Jones Clifford, LLP. Over the past 50-plus years, we have helped thousands of victims of car crashes and other types of injuries obtain the compensation they deserve. In the event that a loved one has lost his or life in an car accident, we can pursue a claim of wrongful death on your behalf.
Dealing with insurance companies
The last thing you need to worry about after being injured in a car crash is dealing with insurance companies. It is important that you never accept an insurer’s settlement offer without first consulting us. The insurance company representing the driver of the vehicle that struck you will likely try to negotiate their way out of responsibility, or at the very least try to delay making an adequate payment for as long as possible. Instead, they might offer a quick settlement, one that may seem enticing but will probably prove inadequate as the medical expenses resulting from your injuries continue to escalate.
We are experts at dealing with insurance companies. We know how to negotiate with them to obtain a just settlement. If the opposing insurance company and their lawyers will not offer an adequate settlement, we are prepared to go to trial. We will use our mastery of injury law and input from experts in engineering, accident reconstruction and more to achieve the best possible result in your case.
What to do after a car accident
If you are involved in a car accident, we recommend that you do all of the following (if possible) to strengthen your case:
- Get the contact information of the individual who caused the accident. This should include the license plate number and the driver’s insurance information
- Get the contact information of anyone at the scene of the accident. Impartial witnesses often make the difference when, for example, two drivers blame each other for the crash
- Insist that the police officer who arrives at the scene writes up an accident report
- Photograph your car, the car belonging to the person who caused the accident, and the area surrounding the accident scene
- Document as much as possible about the accident, including how it happened, damage to your car and any injuries sustained
- Seek medical attention immediately. Some injuries, even serious ones, do not show symptoms right away. Explain to your doctor how you were injured
- Contact us as soon as possible for representation
The San Francisco car accident lawyers at Jones Clifford LLP are dedicated to helping you get all of the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Even if you feel you are partially responsible for your accident, you may still be entitled to compensation. Contact us as soon as possible for a free evaluation of your case. You will owe us nothing for our services unless we obtain compensation on your behalf.