Have you recently been hurt in a San Francisco accident or are you curious about what you’re supposed to do if you are involved in one? Understanding your rights and responsibilities is important and can help you with swift action should you or someone you love be critically injured in an accident. The vast majority of vehicle accidents should be reported to the authorities.

It is strongly recommended that you contact the police and get them on the scene for the purposes of complying with this law in addition to identifying the police report. California Vehicle Code 16000 requires that if anyone is injured or killed or if the property damage is more than $750, that you use the report of traffic accident occurring in California form.

If you do not report an accident, you could be held responsible under the hit and run misdemeanor laws in California for property damage, or a felony hit and run for injury to another person.

Filing a police report and getting the authorities to the scene sooner rather than later only helps you prepare a compelling personal injury claim. There are many different questions that need to be answered in the wake of an accident but hiring the right lawyer to assist you with this process is strongly recommended to give you the peace of mind that you need to move on with your life. Knowing that you have someone in your corner advocating for what is best for you will be extremely beneficial for your legal claim.

Post a Reply