A car accident can lead to many different kinds of injuries, some of which can be identified immediately at the scene of the accident and others that require more comprehensive diagnostic testing and screening with the help of a physician. Back injuries can be some of the problematic for victims as these can be pervasive and difficult to show on typical imaging techniques. This makes it more likely that the other party might argue that your back injuries are not as severe as you claim.
However, back injuries can also lead San Francisco car accident victims to have to undergo long term medical treatment in order to restore their good health as much as possible. Some of the most common types of back injuries from San Francisco accidents include:
• Herniated discs, which can be injured when too much force or pressure is placed on the discs.
• Back strains, which happen when soft tissues are damaged due to force.
• Compression fractures; which are tiny cracks or breaks in the bones of the spine.
• Back sprains, in which ligament soft tissue is damaged.
• Lumbar fractures, in which bones in the middle part of the back are harmed.
Treating back injuries as soon as possible is critical for achieving the best possible recovery for a San Francisco car accident victim. Injury treatments for back pain can include chiropractic care, physical therapy, surgical intervention, steroids, and prescription pain medications. It can be very difficult to navigate this legal process on your own without the support of an attorney. A knowledgeable San Francisco car accident attorney can help you to recover maximum compensation.